Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gettin' Stuck in St Aug's

For a while I thought I hated this place, between breaking my foot, my tires getting slashed and rocks being thrown through windows I was really getting sick of this place. Yea, I live 2 houses away from the beach and can see the ocean at my dinner table, but once you live somewhere like this you don't appreciate it. Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck inside my head and can't get out. Skateboarding used to help me with this but I've decided to give it up because I don't want to end up on crutches again. My room-ate might be the most negative person I've ever met. He is substance dependable. Whether it's whiskey, pot, painkillers or adderall he never wants to be sober. I don't get it. We are living right on the beach and he talks about how he can't wait for college to be over. He is from Virginia Beach and I'm from New Jersey. Why is it that he feels he has to be *ucked up all the time. After a night of drinking I love just paddling out into the water and sitting there. Him on the other hand likes pop a couple pills or have another drink. He's a good kid and whenever I'm down he finds a way to talk to me and make me realize where we are. We're in Florida, people would vacation at are house and think it's sick. Now this is where I don't get it. He can get me out of a rut by talking positive to me, but then he will go and say how he is super depressed and can't handle reality. He say's he is either going to be a raging alcoholic when he is older or completely sober. His dad is a preacher which I don't understand how he is so negative but hopefully he takes the path of being sober. I mean come on, college isn't that bad, bars, parties, surfing, sun and a little bit of work sounds like the life to me right?

No comments:

Post a Comment