Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Is it the just the schools in the south??

I dont know what it is. I used to always feel super stressed out wherever I was. Back in 5th grade one of my teachers gave me a nervous habit of picking underneath my thumb and middle finger nails. This habit would end in summer then I would pick it right back up once the next school year would start. This followed all the way into high school and into college. When I attended University of Rhode Island I think this habit hit it's peak. My thumb nails were almost completely picked off and the numbing cold would be extremely painful. After being in St. Augustine I have found that the picking is at it's minimum. I dot know what it is. Maybe it's the laid back teachers. It's not that their laid back but they will listen to anything you have to say. At URI I would go in and talk to teachers after class and they would act like I wasn't even a person but a number. Yes, some of URI's classes had up to 3oo people in them but even the classes that had just 20 in them the teachers would seem like they didn't care about their students. Here at Flagler I feel as though every single one of my teachers would go a mile for me. If I went in for help with a paper, the teacher would spend as much time as I needed until I felt comfortable. Is this another difference between the south and the north or is it just different schools?

No comments:

Post a Comment