Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home Cooked Meal??

Living here on my own right by the beach I find myself eating many cans of tuna and eggs. Nothing to special. Every now and then on a Sunday we'll cook some pasta but thats about it. I got invited to a friends house for a home cooked meal. All I heard was the word steak and shrimp and I said "I"m in."
So I went on over to her house and all I could think about was that juicy salty steak. For an appetizer she brought out some grits. Oh boy do I hate grits. I sucked it up and pretended they were good but once she left the table I spooned it into the nearby garbage. Next she brought out some fried shrimp. This was very good but was a little greasy. Coming from an Italian family I'm not to used to fried foods.
She dumbed something on my plate, I had no idea what it was. I thought it was just a huge chicken nugget. Nope, I was wrong. "It's country fried steak." I have never even heard of this but it was actually very good. I really don't know what it is about the south and frying everything. Maybe it's because its the easy way out or maybe they just like the taste of everything fried.

No comments:

Post a Comment